Mission and Aims
The purpose of EUFAS, founded in 2010, is to promote education and advances in knowledge and understanding in the field of addiction in all European countries, for the non-profit protection of health. ‘Addiction’ comprises all mental disorders related to the use of psychoactive substances and non-substance habit-forming products (such as gambling).
Specifically EUFAS intends to:
- Improve addiction care in European countries,
- Improve prevention measures both on a national as well as a European level,
- Support those European countries whose prevention and treatment systems may be less developed,
- Influence the allocation of financial resources for addiction research on a national as well as a European level.
• Reinforce addiction research in Europe
• Improve and harmonise prevention and treatment
• Suggest policies based on evidence